Tuesday 22 January 2013

Things that inspire Me&My

 
When I was a child, I assumed I would grow up to either draw pictures for story books or be Indiana Jones, it was pretty simple to me, in the end Iv kind of ended up drawing pictures for a living, but it was this version of Pinocchio that my grandad bought me when I was very young which fuelled my ambition to do something 'arty' when I was grown. It is beautifully illustrated by Roberto Innocenti, its Gothic and dark, but as a child I poured over the pictures for hours seeing new details every time. I still love this book and it will be handing down to my son and hopefully in time to his children. I also bought these sweet postcards today by Belle and Boo, they are going to be framed and put up on the wall above my computer so I can look at them every day and remind myself that childhood is an innocent, playful and fun time that should be full of imagination.
 
for more info on Roberto Innocenti- http://www.robertoinnocenti.com/
for more on Belle and Boo, http://belleandboo.com/
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment